MPI AZ CMPs- Just recognized again. What an achievement to receive the CMP certification
Laurel Pendle, CMP
What is a CMP?
The foremost certification of the meetings, conventions and exhibitions industry, the CMP program recognizes individuals who have achieved the industry’s highest standard of professionalism. Established in 1985, the CMP credential increases the proficiency of meeting professionals by:
- Identifying a body of knowledge;
- Establishing a level of knowledge and performance necessary for certification;
- Stimulating the advancement of the art and science of meeting management;
- Increasing the value of practitioners to their employers;
- Recognizing and raising industry standards, practices and ethics;
- Maximizing the value received from the products and services provided by Certified Meeting Professionals.
Through the CMP program, individuals who are employed in meeting management pursue continuing education, increase their industry involvement, and gain industry-wide recognition. The requirements for certification are based on professional experience and a written examination. More than 10,000 meeting professionals in 55 countries around the globe hold the CMP designation.