Raise your hand if you ever feel stress or have suffered with a high level of anxiety in the last 3 months? If you said no, I am not sure you are being truthful with yourself or maybe you live solo on a tropical island.
In a recent poll, I have found more than 98.5% of people have felt a high degree of stress/anxiety and even depression as it relates to family, home-schooling, health, finances and our current political climate. I am honestly surprised it wasn’t 100%!
If I am being transparent, I have been overly stressed/ anxious/depressed/moody and certainty not the best version of myself lately. It’s been incredibly hard to focus on my freelance business, staying creative with kid’s summer activities 24/7, keeping an upbeat mood with my family during this isolation period and creating a sense of peace and joy in my spirit during these troubling times.
The world is a challenging place right now, with the widespread health pandemic of COVID 19 and the economic and political conditions our country and world is facing. At every turn, our lives seem shaken to the core with no relief in sight! Then I remember that God is greater than ALL of this and I need to keep on sailing on in the mist of the storm.
I started thinking about how I can change my mindset even if I can’t control the current state of the world. I have incorporated a few simple tips to lift my own snarky and anxious mood. I remembered a few oldies but goodies and have tried a few new ones to help lift my mood and spirit. Hopefully some of these will help you too!
6 ways to lift your mood & spirit today!
- Keep a Blessings Journal (I stretch myself to think of at least 10 positive things that I am grateful for on a down day)
- Light a candle and pray for others (there is always someone that is worse off and in need of prayer)
- Use essential oils to enhance mood (my 3 favorites are Lavender, Peppermint and Lemongrass)
- Limit negative media content (news, social media books, or movies)
- Try to turn off all electronics 2 hours before bedtime!
- Yoga/ Mediation/Exercise (pool time in the summer is fun for the entire family)
What have you added to your daily or weekly schedule that has made a difference in your mood or spiritual life? I can’t wait to hear. Please share!